Saturday, May 22, 2004

The Vision

One day, during my quiet time, approximately 4 years ago, I saw a man sitting on a couch. This man was fat. I did not see his actual weight, but he was so much so, he could not move on his own. He could not get up from sitting and was stuck where he was. The look on his face was completely lethargic. He had no motivation, his eyes were distant and hopeless.

Suddenly, he began to rise from the couch. As he did so, the fat fell away from his body in chunks. Slowly, he rose to his feet. When he was fully standing, all of the fat had fallen away from his body and he was the picture of athleticism. His body was muscular and fit. He exuded strength and determination. The lethargy in his eyes was replaced with utter motivation and desire. He was ready and excited to perform his task.

When I had seen this picture, I asked the LORD, "What does this mean?"

He responded to me, "This is my church, especially in America. It is fat, unproductive and lethargic."

He went on to describe to me He was moving amongst the people of his church to see who was willing to truly humble themselves before him, and seek the LORD with all of their heart. This remnant He would raise up out of the masses and strengthen with power from the Holy Spirit. They would be strong, doing feats of all kinds in the LORD; healings would be common place, resurrections as well. Feats of strength as with Samson would be seen and they would boldly profess the Gospel without fear. The body would truly do as Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, for I am going to the Father." (John 14:12)

The LORD continued to describe the scene. The fat which fell away from the body were people, traditions, programs, and methods. Whatever was not of God would fall off of the body and would not hinder its work any longer. The Lord said many people would not be comfortable with what He was doing and would choose to stay within their comfort zones. Churches as we know them today would continue on as they have, but God would raise his people out from them, so the world would see the difference between the people of God and those content with their "church." Many would choose not to submit their lives to the LORD and would continue on in their ways, and they will think to themselves "We are still the people of God." It will be as Jesus said, "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" (Matthew 7:19-23)

Remember the words of II Chronicles 7:14: "...if my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." It is the sin and wickedness of God’s people from which we must repent. We, God’s people, have sinned and turned away from our Father. He is looking for those who will humble themselves before Him, seek Him wholeheartedly, and turn away from those things we have set up before Him. This includes church, and our preferences for it.

Take heed the warning. Seek God’s face. Do not harden your heart and chase after that with which you are familiar. Christ’s church is being prepared, and it will be ready!

No comments: